Tuesday, November 30, 2010

There were no words

I was going to do this post yesterday but I couldn't bring myself to do it. Today i'm over it, so we're all good.

I was up at 5:30 with Kyla and Presley and I was exhausted, so I layed in my bed, and fell asleep maybe. I woke up to Kyla saying "mom the girls made a big mess!!" So I jump up start running down the stairs and I smelt it.

Nail Polish.

In my head I thought, Mindy your kind of an idiot, didn't you learn last time to put the nailpolish in a DIFFERENT spot?!

So I went into the bathroom, and literally gasped! I didn't know how to react. I was so mad, at them, and myself. I will NEVER go back to my bed again. (If anything i'll go to the couch...)and I will NEVER leave the nail polish in reach!

I was too frustrated to take a picture, and wasn't sure how to deal with it, so I just threw them in the bath, I took pictures when they got in but they are nude so here is the best I can do. Their HAIR was covered, their legs, arms, and spots there shouldn't be nailpolish even had it!!

Sorry this picture has a shadow from the camera strap, but if you click on it or look hard enough you can see their legs and arms....



Oh did I mention it was BRIGHT pink!?!

Awesome eh?

I bathed them for an hour! Because I know when I used to paint my nails, if i'd get some on my skin, it would come off in the shower. So I was hoping a lot would soak off. Nope not really. I had no idea how to get it out of their hair, so I looked online and it said baby oil or mineral oil. So I pulled out the baby oil, it took FOREVER but it worked. I had to pull piece by piece apart until I got most of it all out. The skin I used nailpolish remover where I could but by the end of the day most of the main spots wore off.

So then I had to rush and jump in the shower because I had to drive Kyla to school, still get them all dressed and ready and feed them lunch and it had been a few days of no showering so not showering was not an option! So I got ready and usually the girls just watch tv or play in Kyla's room. But no.... they were doing this....


This WAS my spotless livingroom...


And this is the bathroom.

That would be every deck of cards we own all over the floor, my stick plant, winter coats from the closet, and the bathroom with the pink nailpolish all over the rug from before. My new rug. There was also cereal all over my kitchen floor and the books and magazines were all over the stairs.

K seriously, my girls have NEVER been the type to do things like this. (Other than when they used my walls as their art canvas! Remember that?!) But they don't ever go through drawers and get into things or are mischevious. I was so mad. I made them clean up pretty much everything. But I was so frustrated because i've been so good at keeping up with the house and laundry and it made me so happy, and then they go and do this! Oh and it was only the twins by the way. Kyla was into her show, and upstairs with me most the time. I know I should have just checked on them, but I obviously haven't been with it lately. This I do know! But man. Oh and this was all before 10am! Could of killed. I definitely learned some lessons, and so did they!


19 comments:

kyleandtaryn said...

MINDY! Can I just say that you are a saint because your children are still ALIVE! AHHH! If I lived there I'd come clean while you napped. I hope you develop these pictures and put them in a special place to show them when they have their own children. Ha. Love ya!

karlielsa said...

Oh Mindy, I may have chuckled a little bit. That would have made me so mad I don't know what would have happened. Kids can find everything and anything. It's crazy what can happened in a matter of minutes. I've learned a few lessons myself. Naps oh those wonderful naps can turn into nightmares.

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness!! It's a good thing we love our kids

Amie said...

Oh myyyyyyy Mindy!! You poor thing!! That room is a MESS! I noticed with the pink in their hair it looks like they have way more because it actually has color to it... haha Hope your kids behave now!

angie said...

wow. that is crazy. i can't even imagine. maybe i should be checking on my kids right now...

Mindi said...

Oh.My.Heck.
I know it's after the fact now, so I'm sure you are cooled off, but when I used to get frustrated when my house turned into that scene, my mom said something to me "Just think how sad you'd be if you didn't have those kids to mess up the house." THIS TOO SHALL PASS!

henline crew said...

Oh man. Thats all I can say. I kinda have no words. One day you will look back on this and laugh......maybe??

kelsey said...

ouch. that is a rough morning for any mom, let alone a pregnant one!

Anonymous said...

Goodness me!!! Sorry Mindy but I had to laugh (hard) when I saw the livingroom. What a mess!!! LOL. Glad you are fine and breathing again :)

Jennie Holt said...

oh my goodness!! I probably would have just sat down and cried....after i yelled alot i am sure! i hope they are being better for you today!!

Anonymous said...

The joys of kids! That's all I have to say. I hope things get better.

Ashley said...

Oh. My. Goodness. That would make me so angry too! I'm glad to see that my kids aren't the only destructive ones out there! It sounds like you handled it well. You're kids are still alive after all!

Christine Peterson said...

This brings a new meaning to "when the cats away the mice will play" oh boy!

Jordana said...

Wow! That's lucky you could get the nail polish out of their hair. They were probably so proud of their "pretty" hair.

The Harker Family said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!! Oh poor you Mindy! I can't believe it! Well good thing you took pics because one day, yes one day you will look back on this and laugh. I must say that I was horrified when I saw the nail polish in their hair. I did not think it would come out and that you would have to cut the hair they have worked so hard to grow! Thank goodness it came out!

the fellers said...

oh my gosh, I would have died...I am so sorry...and I am glad you got it all out...i really did gasp when I saw that pic of your livingroom, I am glad you took a picture!

Unknown said...

I'm sorry, but I laughed so hard when I read this! Ohhh man, kids will be kids hahhaha

The Pratts said...

Oh my goodness! The pink hair! Yikes! At first I wondered if you'd have to dye their hair to get it out. I'm glad baby oil worked!

Sunshine said...

wow...bright pink....i wasnt prepared for the photo's...but we must admit, she did look cute.

);