Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Let's elaborate

I'm sitting here trying for the hundredth time to work on my relief society lesson and for some reason I just can't get into it. So I start thinking why.

I have Jayci and Presley not napping today because this week they decide to take until 9:00pm to actually stay in their room and go to sleep, so up and down the stairs we go over and over to put them back to bed, and they still wake up at 6:30am. So i'm taking out the naps to see if it changes. Which leaves me with busy whining, CRANKY girls all day. Then there is Kyla who is home sick with a sore throat and also really cranky. They are all so tired and I am trying to decide what is better. No nap and dealing with insanely cranky high maintenance girls and then they go to bed at a decent time and then we get to have the night without kids, OR nap during the day and have an hour or two of piece and quiet and deal with putting them to bed for 2 stressful hours.

I've decided, i'm just going to run away.

I realized i'm now 18 weeks, that's almost half way! I've barely had time to even acknowledge the pregnancy. I find myself at the end of the day thinking "did I even eat good today?" No wonder this pregnancy is going by so fast, half the time I don't even realize i'm pregnant. Then all of the sudden another week has gone by.

I was reading this website the other day on preparing for baby and this huge checklist they have for it. I got a little overwhelmed because it hit me that another baby is coming in 5 months, that is SOON and all this baby stuff came rushing back to me! I've done nothing to prepare. Not that I need much, we have pretty much what we need. But I need to sort through boxes and find baby stuff, plan where this baby is going to go, maybe get a few boy things here and there, and just basically prepare for a baby! I guess it's kind of a big deal?

I'm kind of at my limit right now, and sometimes I wonder how the heck am I supposed to take care of ANOTHER kid??? Besides I think I should be allowed to complain.

I need to lock myself in my room. Ok, I can't, there is no lock. Even if I did, they would pound at the door. The one time I did escape I told them I needed to go to the bathroom and I locked the door for about 10 minutes. It was awesome.

By the way, did you know, Christmas is SOON?? Like next month, as in 5 weeks?? I have not done ONE thing to prepare. Do you think the girls would notice if we skipped it?

Oh and i'm having a Stella and Dot jewelry party and anyone can buy stuff. You just have to go to the site and punch in my name under hostess and do your order! Just like shopping online! They have some great stuff and it would make a perfect Christmas gift! If you want to do an order just email me. mindyfrancis{at}hotmail{dot}com. The party closes the last day of the month. Thanks y'all.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mindy**You know what I was just thinking? I was thinking how sweet it is for you to share these precious times with us/me/whoever reads these. No matter what kind of day it is they are precious moments. I smile and sometimes get tears when I remember...even the crazy times I do. You are such a great hands on mama! You are a survivor! So you just keep figuring things out and the moments always pass. One of my most favorite country songs is "You're Gonna Miss This" by Trace Adkins...listen to it...when you've got the time ;) Love Auntie

Meagan M said...

Stop stressing me out! I'm seriously so stressed out as it is - and I just have two kids (plus my nephew). I don't have one on the way either, and I feel like I'm at the end of my rope. So I don't know how you do it!!

But what I do know, is you will do it...and you'll be great! your kids are happy (just cranky from no nap) and healthy and they love you and know you love them. You're doing great!! You're just very very very busy!

Amie said...

You busy busy girl! A look into my future I guess. I enjoy these posts even though they are about you being stressed because you are so real! It's refreshing!!

The Harker Family said...

Mindy you are sooo funny! I loved the part where you said you were going to run away! Ha, ha, ha! I love those moments...I have them often too! My advice, get a good lock on your door so you CAN escape! Ha, ha, ha! Well I hope things settle down for you, despite the stresses of children...which I must say is why I can't convince myself to have another baby right now or anytime soon for that matter, for the life fo me! Ha! It is very admirable to see you juggling the demands of children and doing a great job at it! Keep it up! You're doing AWESOME!! Plus you're a hot mama too, so there ya go! What more could you ask for! Ha, ha, ha!

Alison said...

OK, so about the Christmas shopping thing. I've been ordering all my kids stuff online from Toy R US for the last couple years and it is sooo much easier than wasting all your time in stores. I just let them pick everything they want, then I edit it, then I tell them I'm sending the list to Santa and we'll see what he gets them. It's free shipping if you spend over $100, which doesn't take much to do.
PS. I remind Ryan every day to get your Glee episodes ready. He has been so slow! Hopefully you'll get them soon!

);