Tuesday, April 06, 2010

This is getting old

Ok before you judge me....

First all these ones are from when a babysitter was here.... (all upstairs by the way.) and this is only a portion of what was really there.

Kyla's room

Kyla's room, this is a big section, you can tell because her bed it beside it and it's a big bed.

This is our bedroom door (you can see the sitter tried to wipe it off, doesn't come off very easily obviously)

Kyla denied having any involvement in it, so i'm pretty sure the babies are genius's and can write her name. That's my only conclusion.

When we got home, the sitter told us and we just laughed it off thinking it was no big deal and so typical. We walked upstairs and of course the girls rooms were close so we didn't see in them. Well the doors were bad enough but then we looked in Kyla's room in the morning, and her room was covered. Magic erasers work, but I used one eraser alone on the staircase (not even pictured), these are not easy to remove markers. They are dora ones and I have no idea how they got ahold of them. I didn't even know where they were!

Then these next pictures are the latest fad around here. Everyone is doing it. I have no idea how they get these felts, and pens. They have this obsession for pens and felts! Not crayons so much but pens and felts are awesome because they color on so many more things, which I understand. I guess. I'm always like "where the heck did you get that?" Drives me nuts.

Ok well, this time I did let her color with Kyla and I was right here and within seconds she was covered. She was coloring with a pen first, took that away. Then Kyla wanted felts to color on her huge coloring pad she got for her birthday so I let Presley color too. Man I hate it. They LOVE to color and honestly it's the only thing that keeps them occupied to get stuff done around here. Plus it keeps me sane because they are not clinging to me all the time. (Ps: I want my body back! To myself! I really do) that's another venting post to come. Anyways, they are getting tired of watching Dora and it doesn't work as well as it used too. Crayons just go to the walls since they don't color on skin right? I don't want to have to take it away for good but I think today was my last straw. Only Kyla will get to color when the babies are sleeping because she is good 95% of the time, the twins have an influence on her though, who knew? Anyways, kind of my fault I know but it still sucks and you should feel sorry for me anyways. When we build a house, our playroom will have a whole wall for just art and it'll be easy to remove or wash off or something genius. I just need that wall....now.

I think i'm going to get those felts that are clear and only color on certain paper. Maybe that'll be better. They just love to draw, which is cute and all, but I HATE it.

19 comments:

The Pratts said...

Oh man, what a pain! I love that Kyla denied doing it even though it says "Kyla"! I know how hard it is to get stuff like that off even with a magic eraser. Think of it this way, all that scrubbing will tone your arms!

The Harker Family said...

Oh my goodness Mindy!!!!! Holy crap! So...where was the babysitter when this all happened? I love how Kyla said she didn't do it but wrote her name! Bahahahaha! That was so cute! I love the Crayola washable markers (the thin ones), but I'll be honest, I only let Camden use them when Cadrien is napping because I'm so scared of Cadrien colouring on the wall as I know she would! Well there is always paint right? Except that it would be hard to paint doors....oh boy! Great idea to get the clear markers that only work on the special paper/colouring books! Oh and I loved Kyla's birthday! So cute! I loved those flowers hanging from the ceiling! Great idea!

henline crew said...

Oh man, that looks like my basement! I walked into Mady's room downstairs and there was crayon all over and Jared looked at me and said "it was Mady" and every wall had "Jared" written on it. Kids think they are so clever. Mom will never know!! I remember thinking that and just feeling so smart. Oh if we knew then what we knew now! Kids....gotta love 'em!

Unknown said...

I totally understand, although my boys don't draw much on the walls. I do understand the idea of letting them do something that keeps them happy without your involvement though. It is a MUCH needed thing. I highly recommend the color wonder markers. The only downside is that they cost a lot more and don't have very many pages so they get used up quickly, but it may still be worth it for you. Good luck!

Tim and Ashlee said...

There's a hymn book in the Jaffray Church that still has "KIM" written in it. She was such a wall colorer too.

Kinsey only gets crayons. I got tired of cleaning pen, etc off my couch.

You should try a chalk board. That way they "think" they're writing on the wall and even if they miss the chalk board it's no biggy to clean up. Just an idea! That looks like one huge mess to clean up. Seriously, what was your babysitter doing all that time?

Mackenzie said...

2 words Mindy:
COLOR WONDER
the end.

kelsey said...

wow. wow. really? wow. lol. that's is insane. note to self: don't buy norah any felts! ha. i did get her those color wonder ones though, and they are great for not drawing on things you don't want them to!
good luck cleaning that!!!

kelsey said...

p.s. they have big color wonder pads that are just blank sheets, so they can draw their own thing. . . at least, they do down here anyway.

Simply Mel {Reverie} said...

Yikes! Looks like you have a few artists on your hands...but I think the felt markers that only draw on 'magic' paper is the ticket for now! Good luck!

Julie Allred said...

So I know I am mean but there would be no felts at my house after that. Sorry thats getting crazy. Altho Im sure the Magic Eraser peeps love you. Good luck Mindy!

Anonymous said...

just a mini tid bit of advice... GET RID OF THE MARKERS! and buy them those magic marker books that only write on the special paper no where else!!!!!!! or Aqua doodle hahahahaha feel your pain

Meagan M said...

WOW - I totally think it's time to ban all markers. They will do it with crayons too though. But I'd stil ban the markers.

We use the wonder pads a lot around here. But we've been lucky and Hailey hasn't been big on drawing on walls and Paige is too young.

Don't worry - I don't judge though. Kids will do their own things and sometimes you don't have much control over it. It's just bad luck - just like anyone who's children don't colour on walls are just lucky.

Janas Bananas said...

All kids do it..All of mine went throught that phase, some worse then others, and some learned faster then otheres. its hard, because getting rid of the markers does not work, they find other ways anf things to use to color on wall's and you can't take pen's and pencils completly out of your house, and hiding them only works till they figure out how to get to them. I love the washable markers, that is all I would buy and they wash right off. So they get it on anything and you take a wet rage and and some spray and wipe and it all comes off in a instant. Those markers that only show up on the books work well too but I have found my kids figured out that one and didn't use them as much as the washables, since coloring on paper was only sooo fun for soo long. Good luck, and just remember..It's only a phase and it does not last forever..An just think of the pipes you are getting with all that scrubbing!!!

Elysa Johnston said...

Haha! I don't think that babysitter will be invited back anytime soon! I know what you mean about magic erasers working but taking forevvverrr--I get sore arms from scrubbing with them.

Brandon and Kristy said...

ya i dont think i would be leaving those out when you leave! for sure keep those locked up. and don't get that babysitter again! xoxox love ya! lol

Unknown said...

Well at least it wasn't permanent like my computer screen when Kodi was little haha. But yeah that sucks Kodi loves to color, she has some behind my moms chair now that we're living here, I almost died thinking what if she'd've drawn on the leather. yikes! My cousin drew black permanent all over their walls once. pretty funny when it isn't ur own. also i pretty much love her no involvement and then name on the wall. anyways i think it's a girl thing... they'll figure it out eventually that no walls aloud! good luck mind!

Rhiannon Bosse said...

Mindy!! Ok sooo we have like identical blogger profile view numbers. I know weird, I'd notice. haha secondly these pictures kinddd of made me laugh hahaha poor you!! the twins look like Dustin so much!! haha one day you will look back and love these pics girlfriend! xx

Jeff and Brit said...

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAH

Mindi said...

Gotta love them Magic Erasers! I do!!

);