Friday, June 08, 2012

Life lessons

These past couple years have been life changing for me in many ways. I won't get into details about it all but I have had some experiences that have changed me.
Lately especially. I have been through a couple things with people and it has made me take a look at my life and what I really want and don't want.

I am a very real person and I am an open person. I am not afraid to be me. I have had a couple people lately make me feel bad about who I am, which of course makes me question it. But I realized, I like who I am! I'm happy and outgoing and love life. I have bad days, I cry, I yell when i'm angry and I make a million mistakes, and by no ways am I perfect. I am human. I am also comfortable in my own skin. I don't worry about impressing people or doing what others do. I like to be on my own and kind of do what I want. Thankfully Dustin and I are so alike in this area. We are so lucky to have such a smooth marriage when it comes to life. We agree on most things and usually have the same opinions about things. He doesn't judge who I am, and I "try" not to judge him. ;) Sometimes his happiness drives me crazy, ha. Seriously who is that positive ALL THE TIME?! But I love him. He is my number one fan and i'm his. I look up to him and his positive attitude and it has rubbed off on me. Which i'm grateful for.


There are a few things I like to live by and lately have realized how much I will try to live this way.

One is to be positive. I feel like i'm a pretty positive person but this is in a different sense. I don't let the negative AFFECT me anymore. I don't have time to waste on negative energy in my life. I don't need it. I focus on the good things. I'm blessed with my beautiful family, a great, GREAT husband and 4 beautiful little girls. That is what is important to me. And family. I realized how important family is. Sisters, inlaws, parents etc. They are the most important people in life and I know they will never judge me for who I am and I can always rely on them. I do have to write a little bit about my sister in law, Jill. She has been SO supportive of me and I really appreciate her and everything she does for me. I know she will never judge and is always there when I need her. I'm really blessed to have her in my life. Love ya Jill. :)

Second is to be NICE. Most of you know how I feel about being nice. It's SO important. I got picked on and bullied growing up and I hate how I didn't stand up for myself more, but it made me realize how important it is to be nice to people. I definitely had good friends but I had a lot of hard times with rude people. Be careful what you say to others because words hurt, and they stay with you for a long time. I was told recently that I am a selfish person. That hurt a lot. I try so hard to be a nice person and put others first and I care a lot about others feelings. I'm always willing to help and I have a hard time saying no. So to hear that was really hurtful. It's funny how something that seems so simple can be so hard for so many people.

And the third is to Have Fun! You only live once so do what you want and enjoy every day to the fullest. I went through a couple years where all I wanted was to get through another day. But now I want to ENJOY every day. I try not to let my kids hold me back from doing anything. I've been blessed with amazing kids and I want them to have a fun life, a HAPPY life. It's the simple things that count too. I'm also going to have fun for myself! Take breaks and do things on my own that I like to do. Same for Dustin. I'm going to make him stop working and have fun, play basketball, pull out his old skateboard, go fishing, hunting, quadding...etc. The list could go on for him. But we need to enjoy life before it passes us by.

Anyways these are just a few thoughts i've had going through my head for a while and I needed to get it out.
I know so many amazing people in my life, whether they live far or near, I'm grateful for every one.

I love to blog, I love to share about our family and the good or bad times we have. I'm glad I have somewhere to go to where I can write what I want and not care.
Anyways, that's my little rant for today. I'm grateful for my life and will never take it for granted.

Some of my favorites...








 



:)





7 comments:

Amie said...

LOVE YOU MINDY! I always love to read your blog, and one thing I admire about you, is that you are just yourself. I can see it in every post you do! You are real, and funny, and a great Mom. You just say it how it is, but always in a nice way. I'm sorry people aren't the nicest, but I have always agreed with being nice. I also got picked on a lot and learned how important it is. It's great it comes more naturally to you! Love you lots!!

Brandon and Kristy said...

great post min! love this. love you!!

Lynn said...

Amen!!!

linda rae said...

You are just exactly who you need to be, Mindy :)

And I think that's great.

Ashley said...

Definitely great life lessons. I love all of those quotes. Thanks for sharing :)

Unknown said...

I love that you chose to be happy after receiving bad comments. Some people let that stuff make them bitter and angry. Nice work!

Ok, I have to ask if you could do a post on how you curl your hair and get so much body. You and your sisters looked amazing for the wedding. I hope this isn't creepy. I saw your blog on Carrie's blog and I've been hooked. I think you have done an amazing job with four little girls. There isn't very many people who could do that.

Anyways, loved your post. You are very inspirational.

Francis Family said...

Thanks girls!! And thanks Shirley! Maybe i'll post a tutorial soon on that!! ;)

);