Friday, December 02, 2011

Rootbeer Cookies

You're probably thinking, rootbeer what??
Yup Rootbeer cookies, and they are delicious!!

I can't take credit for the recipe since I got it from my sister Britt, who got it from her sister in laws Michelle and Nikki. 
I've made them twice lately and everyone loves them, including me because I eat them all. I make them in bite size so I don't feel as guilty eating lots! ha
The only catch is, you can't get rootbeer extract in Canada. So get some connections and get a bunch of bottles because one batch of cookies and icing uses up half the bottle. So good.

These are crappy pictures because they are the left overs from last nights enrichment so they aren't super pretty but this is how I make them.


 Rootbeer Cookies

1 C Butter
2 C Brown Sugar
2 Eggs
2 tsp Rootbeer extract
3 1/2 C Flour
1 tsp Baking soda
1 tsp salt
1/4 C water
Roll into 1 1/2 inch balls. Bake at 350F 6-8 mins.

Icing

1 1/4 C Butter
3 1/4 C Icing sugar
2 tsp Rootbeer extract
3 tbsp water


Love them.

6 comments:

The Pratts said...

Um, YUM! Gotta find me some root beer extract!

The Evansons said...

I just made rootbeer cookies a couple weeks ago and they were NASTY. I'll try this recipe and hopefully redeem myself to my family!

Alison said...

I am like 90% sure I saw root beer extract at butters in Lethbridge. Reid would love those!

Alison said...

Haha auto correct! That's Nutter's not butters!

Jennie Holt said...

that will really suck if i can't find some rootbeer extract cause i need to make these ASAP!

Kelli Olsen said...

wow. these sound amazing! I love Rootbeer and so does my son, so I will definitely have to try them!

);