21 Day Organization Challenge
“The Secret of getting ahead is getting started. The secret of getting started is breaking your complex overwhelming tasks into manageable tasks, and then starting on the first one.”
1. Junk Drawer
2. Computer desk/area
3. Tupperware drawer/cupboard
4. Linen closet
5. Under kitchen sink
6. Dresser drawers
8. Coat closet
9. Toy organization
10. Laundry room
12. Spice cabinet
13. Medicine cabinet
14.. Under bathroom sink
15. Kids/spare room closets
18. Keepsakes/kids school work
19. Master closet
21. You pick!
Five key steps to start getting organized1. Start with Food and Clothes- These are 2 neccesities in life and if you start with these life seems easier!
2. Make a master to-do list- What needs to get done and who needs to do what
3. Take baby steps- So you don't get overwhelmed
4. Penicillin method- Pretend your messes are bacteria and you are the penicilin taking over one mess at a time.
5. Go to bed early- A tired mom is a non productive mom. I am so like that!
I also whipped up some great tips I found around online that will help to stay organized!
Organizing Tips1. Get a notebook and write everything down!
2. Make sure you have a central calendar
3. Menu plan. If its not for the week, at least plan in the morning before it gets to be witching hour! 4:00 anyone??
4. Never leave a room empty handed!
5. Get the kids involved, they have to learn somehow
6. Make a Donation Station- for stuff you want to get rid of and donate
7. Add a few things a day to the Donation Station
8. Get an “I’m outta here box”- ie: stuff that needs to be mailed or returned somewhere
9. Do a 10 min tidy before bed (charge cell, go over calendar, make lunches etc)
10. Get lots of bins and baskets. They are great for organizing things
11. Make crap baskets on the stairs. One basket per person with their name on it, they can be cute!
12. Dont be afraid to throw things out!
13. Do seasonal cleaning and organization
14 Lead by example.
15. Take a daily break/rejuvenate to get your energy back. Hello bubble baths!
16 Check your attitude! Even if you get one thing done, youve accomplished something!
I really enjoyed teaching this and it sure gave me a swift kick in the butt to get going! I told my dad I was teaching on this and he laughed...
But now I have no more excuses to get going!
Also I saw THIS pinned on pinterest. I love that place. It's great healthy recipe replacements! I'm glad I found it and thought other moms would like it too!