Wednesday, January 12, 2011

I'm feelin it

I've been super lucky so far with this pregnancy and not "feeling" pregnant (other than the morning sickness at first) but as soon as 25 weeks hit, I was definitely feeling it. I had to go to church on Sunday by myself with the girls and we hadn't been in a couple weeks. Last week we were on our way, first week at 9:00 instead of 1:00, and we were early and everything. We got half way there and Kyla all of the sudden threw up in the van and got super sick. So we turned around and came back home. Dustin works every other weekend so I have to do it by myself which normally is fine, but man this week sucked! He had to work and it was our first Sunday at 9, which wasn't too bad, but it was just go, go, go. I don't know if I can do it by myself anymore with the 3 girls. I don't get stressed about it, I can just feel my body not being able to keep up with the girls. I came home and my legs were so swollen, which I haven't had yet, and I couldn't even sit down because they needed to eat and go down for a nap. They killed. I definitely didn't move off the couch much for the rest of the day.

So I just wanted to post the latest on it, since i've noticed some changes lately. I'm getting closer and we realized how close it really is. I have 14 weeks left. 14 weeks ago seems like yesterday so I know it'll be here way too soon.

I'm second guessing our names. I do that a lot. I am psycho when it comes to baby names and kind of obsess over them. I had one name picked out right after the twins were born which I knew would be our next baby's name if it was a girl. Then someone I knew had a baby and used the name. I was so mad. Ok, no she didn't know I had it picked out but I hate having the same name as someone I know, especially because I like more uncommon and more unique names. But then I think, who cares, if we love the name then use it, right?

I have 3 girls names and 2 of them I LOVE, one of those is the one I picked forever ago, and the other I think we like a little better and the 3rd I don't think we'll use, it looks cute but when you say it, it sounds weird. Boy names are done, as I said before, Dustin picked it out. Maybe we'll have a boy and we won't have to deal with the name drama of a girl. Then there is middle names... oh goodness, I have NO ideas for middle names.

So i'm going back blonde, this is getting ridiculous! As much as I liked the brown and I know lots of you did too, I have white roots every 3 weeks! I don't have time to get my hair done every 3 weeks. I'm a soon to be mom of 4 kids, 4 and under! Even though I do it myself, it's still a pain. I need something low maintenance right now, and blonde is the only way. So i'm hoping to be a darker blonde with some highlights. I streaked it already once, but of course it's a process, so we'll get there.

26 weeks. Crappy picture but that's what I get for taking them myself and they don't focus properly. Meh.

Anyways, so life is pretty low key right now. Ok, no it's not, I just pretend it is and that helps me get through it. Kyla is having some medical issues right now that i've been super stressed about and we're taking her to the pediatrician next week and might have to go to Edmonton to get some tests done. I don't think i've ever been so stressed and emotional in my life. It's hard seeing your child in pain and seeing her not being able to live her life to the fullest, and she is such a happy outgoing girl. It breaks my heart. I'll get into more detail when we find out what's going on. Dustin gave her a blessing on Sunday and the next day she was almost back to the Kyla we know. We just need to figure out what to do to help her get 100% better.

So that's life lately. I thought the new year would be great but so far all it's been is stress and exhaustion. I get a decent amount of sleep so that's good and the girls are so easy going and happy. It's mostly Kyla with her condition, and the frustration of being held back because of the pregnancy. Not much longer. I don't know which will be worse though, 3 kids and pregnant, or 4 kids! I have an appt tomorrow finally, it's only been a few months, ha, but i'm sure things are going good still!

I'm super grateful I have a seriously incredible husband, and good friends who love and help me when I need it. I'm super blessed.

8 comments:

Lynn said...

I'll keep you and Kyla in my prayers too. Sounds like it's quite stressful right now. Thank goodness for Priesthood blessings though. Hang in there. You are doing great!

Unknown said...

4 kids is.....still stressful....sorry. I definitely got more sleep when I was pregnant than I do now. That should change in a few months though. I think our kids are all spaced out about the same. Fun.

Oh, and about names. I think you should always just use the name that you love and feel right about. Even if someone you know has used it. I have two nephews (on John's side) that are both named James. They live 18hrs apart though, so it's no big deal.

Good luck with everything and I hope all goes well with Kyla and your pregnancy. Take it easy!

Anonymous said...

1 baby should be easy compaired to twins, right? I woudn't know thought. So do you highlight your own hair with foils? I do and it gets hard to do all the time. So I know how you feel about doing your own hair. Hopefully everything is okay with Kyla. Thank goodness for the Priesthood!

The Harker Family said...

You look fabulous! Pregnancy suits you! I also love your hair blonde. As for names, you should just make up your kids names like I did. Then no one will steal them because then it would be obvious since you made them up!

The Anderson Family said...

Kyla has been in our prayers for a while now. I hope you guys can get some answers soon. Your a great mom and even if you don't have it all together... you look like you do! Your a really cute pregnant lady! I can't wait to meet that new little one!

the fellers said...

oh no, I hope Kyla is ok, there is NOTHING worse than watching your kids go through pain, and then not knowing what to do about it, so so hard! I know everything will be ok!

You look so great, and are ALL belly! You look so proud to be pregnant, I HATED it...I wish I could have the confidence that you have. I am not sure what will be harder, 3 and preggers or 4...I personally prefer to have the kid out of me, but that is just me! I cant wait to see what you are having and to hear the name....names are SO SO hard, we ALWAYS disagree on a girl name, so I was SO glad that we had a boy this time and it was easy! And I say, unless it is like a first cousin or something that has the same name, name your kid whatever you want, I remember going to school with like 6 kristy's (all spelled different, crazy right) lots of Ashleys, etc....so just do what you love!

palegreensocks said...

Your belly says all BOY Mindy. I wish I looked as HOT as you when I was prego. Goodness! Love your girls' names and I'm sure this one will be just as unique and cool. Can't wait to know what this one is. I'm sure it'll all be good.

-Joanne

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing these nice tips, really useful as a beginners. Keep it up Good going
http://www.mumzone.com.au/baby-names.php

);