I remember when we were first married he would say, "why do you need make up, it's not a necessity." Let's just say we only had that conversation a couple times, and i'm still wearing make up! That's right. I win. More on that in another post.
Here are a couple things I have in my current face routine.
1. Arbonne FC5 Hydrating Cleanser + Freshener. I actually really like this facewash and it's only around $20, I used to get break outs around my chin area but once I started using this stuff it went away. I have a combination skin and it doesn't dry out or make my skin oily. So I really like this facewash. Oh and it's smooth and light and smells so fresh!
2. Mary Kay Timewise moisturizure. Yup to fight all my aging. Actually my sister in law had a Mary Kay party and this is what I ordered. It's what i'm using right now. I don't really have a favorite moisturizer because i'm always changing. I want something light and this one is actually nice. So it works for now. Oh and if you have one you love please tell me yours so I can check it out!
3. Arbonne FC5 Hydrating eye cream. I really like this eye cream. I notice when I use it, I think. I've been so tired lately with the girls waking up at 5am. Yes 5am. So this takes away the puffiness on me and I like it!
4. Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse. I would love to go get some MAC foundation but I don't live near a MAC and have no idea what i'd use. BUT I really like this stuff! It's light and airy and have just enough coverage. I have tried A LOT of foundations and so far this is my fav!
5. Maybelline Dream Matte Powder. LOVE LOVE LOVE this stuff. It takes away all the shine and lasts forever! If I use anything else I get that ugly oily shine after a couple of hours but this stuff lasts pretty much all day! I can't say enough how much I love this powder.
6. Annabelle Blush #44. Pretty basic, and cheap and it's just blush. I don't think you need to spend money on blush and I probably never will.
7. Covergirl Lash Blast. If you've used this, you know. It's awesome. I used dark brown, and sometimes black.
8. Arbonne Make up Brushes. LOVE these. I'm sure there are a lot of good brushed out there and this is my first "nice" set and I can't believe it took me so long to get a decent set. It makes such a difference to have good brushes.
9. Covergirl lipliner-nude. Great neutral color and I love using lipliner. I used to use darker colors and why didn't someone tell me how awful it looked? I LOVE the nude now and put it on very lightly and then use my favorite lipgloss. (see below)
10. MAC Lipglass- color "underage" (not pictured). I can't live without this stuff and I lost mine over Christmas and I am hating it! I would order one but i'm going to Edmonton soon and I don't like to pay for shipping, ever. So i'm using a stand in and it sucks. Good thing I only ever put on lipgloss for church or when I go out. Which isn't that often.
So that's it! Of course I use just a dark brown or black eyeliner and your basic brown eyeshadows. Which I think I have 6 different kinds right now because they no longer sell the set I used. Thanks Loreal. So I use random ones. I like Annabelle's eyeliner it's not soft and mushy and lasts all day. I have a ton of tips and tricks I use that I kind of made up for myself or have learned when it comes to make up and I will share these in another post. I will also be sharing my hair tips and tricks. Not that i'm a professional or anything of the sort. But I do have a love for hair and make up and thought i'd share what I do and have learned over the years. :)
Do you have any favorite make up products you can't live without? I'd love to hear them, i'm always up for trying new things!