Sunday, November 02, 2008

Halloween!

So this year was crazy! I don't think i've had a crazier day before by myself. Dustin had to work "part" day but ended up being afull day which I knew in the first place. My day started of with icing cookies. I forgot to get icing sugar the day before when I made them so I did them the morning of Halloween. Kyla watched and it took forever, I love to decorate but that morning I really didn't have time. Well then I had to shower and get ready. I was a cowgirl so it didn't take long to get myself ready. By then my kitchen was a mess from the cookies cuz I still had to cook a batch. (sp?) Well then my mom phoned and wanted everyones names in all 3 wards in Okotoks just incase they forgot someone for wedding invitations, so I had to read 3 wards off to her over the phone. Then I had to do Kyla's hair, she was a witch so I wanted to 3 barrel it with lots of hairspray to make it all stringy like. Anyways that took forever cuz I wanted it to hold all night so it took a while. Oh also I was doing laundry so I could have some clean warm clothes for all the kids. Well then I had to do Kyla's makeup, and get her dressed. By this time the babies were getting fussy. And then I also forgot to get a veggie platter for dinner at Jills so I was hoping to get to the store before we went over at 4:30. Ya that didn't work out to well. So Kyla was ready and I took some pictures of her in her costume cuz I knew I wouldn't have time later. Well then I had to run around and get all the warm clothes together and everything ready for trick or treating. I don't kno if this makes any sense and it's kind of everywhere, but that is how my day was! So both babies were getting hungry so I was feeding one and Kyla had to pee, well she had to do it all by herself and she did! luckily! Anyways I felt like I was running my face off this day. I still had to put the cookies on a platter, finish my hair, get dressed, get the babies dressed, load them in the carseats, load the diaper bag, and load the van with everything...including the kids. Well then we got to Jill's and all was good. The night was so fun and Kyla did so good trick or treating. We...I mean Kyla got lots of treats. ;) I love Halloween and I never knew how much work it was gonna be getting 3 kids ready. I'm sure I forgot the odd crazy thing that happened that day but it's all a blur! I can't wait until next year! So here is my cute little witch who loves to pose, she poses, I click and she comes and sees what it looks like and then grins and laughs cuz she thinks she is so cute. She loves to look at herself and is all aww i'm so cute, ha shes so funny. Actually funny story (as always) I was talking to Kristy on the phone and we finally got a webcam cuz it's built into our new laptop and so I went on it with Kristy, well I had to run and get the phone so I was in the kitchen and Kyla was infront of the computer, it was on the couch and she could see herself. Well when I came back, Kristy told me she was dancing and smiling at herself the whole time and she didn't know Kristy could see her, she was laughing the whole time at how much Kyla was into herself! You think I tell her she is cute enough, she knows it!

Here is my two munchkins! They were butterflies and I didn't get very many pictures cuz everyone was already out the door and I was still getting them dressed, so I was able to snap a couple.
Trick or treating with cousin Emma.
This freaky costume a guy was wearing and sat on the bench outside his front door and scared everyone. Dustin loved it, he wants to be him so bad, can you tell?? haha I love him. All the kids were terrified of it.



Well that was our fun Halloween! I really did enjoy it no matter how insane and chaotic my day was, this is my life and it's only gonna get crazier!!

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Those costumes are adorable!!!

I really like what you wrote at the end. You seem SO positive even when you had a bad day. LOVE it!

And my goodness....did you EVER have a day! : D Hope you can laugh about it now.

);