Tuesday, February 05, 2008

17 weeks!

As of yesterday I am 17 weeks pregnant! It's crazy to think of how time goes. I feel like we were just talking about trying for another baby, now we are having two and i've got a belly that came out of nowhere! Dustin said last night how funny it was seeing someone normally really small, all of the sudden with a tummy like mine. I think it's crazy too how fast things go when you are having twins. You grow faster, you feel them sooner, and you are due sooner. Which brings me to our appointment yesterday! It went really good, we met the new doctor who would of been delivering me if we weren't moving. My normal due date would of been July 17th and the ulstrasound agreed with that. We heard the heartbeats which took her a while to find and a lot of pushing hard on my stomach...not very comfortable! Kyla loved listening to them, she would say, "whoa" when it got loud and she stood right beside me on the stool while I laid on the bed. She was so cute, with the biggest smile on her face...she loved it. It was great to hear them though, one was 150 and the other 160. I'm guessing one of each. Which we find out next Tuesday!! yay, I finally have an ultrasound date, and I can't wait! I can also start shopping for them!! Which I am so exicted about!! I would love to hear what you all think we are having? So give me your guesses, you only have a week! Some other news that was kind of shocking, was when she brought up my due date. She said that because I was so early with Kyla (I had her at 36 1/2 weeks) that I will probably be even earlier with these twins. She said if I make it to 32 weeks that would be good, 34 weeks even better and she would be very surprised if I made it to 35 weeks. I'm think I will probably be on bedrest from 30 weeks on, so I hold off as long as possible. It's crazy to think how soon I could be having them! I figured it out and 35 weeks is July 12th! Crazy soon!! It's like over a month sooner than my normal due date. I really hope I go as long as possible though, i want good healthy babies! Other than that, I will probably be having tonz of ultrasounds because it's their only way to see how the babies are growing, i'm kind of excited about seeing them that many times. One at 18 weeks, 24 weeks, 28 weeks, 30, 32,34 and so on! It's a lot! But fun too. I haven't gained much weight either. So far in this pregnancy i've gained 10 pounds which I think is ok?? She didn't say much about it. But with how big i've grown in a month, I was hoping I gained something! Cuz I feel huge! Well i'll take a picture hopefully tomorrow, we just have no memory on our camera and i need to take it in tonight. So i'll take one tomorrow and put it on here. But thats the latest on our babies!

7 comments:

the fellers said...

WOW! I cant believe you are that far already (I already posted a comment but a weird message came up, so you might get two from me!) But that is exciting that you get so many ultrasounds, it would be way fun to see the babe/babies that much!! I get another one at the end of the month, cause I am a baby and want to know so badly what the sex it!! HAHA! Cant wait to see pictures!

angie said...

my geuss...2 girls

Meagan M said...

My guess is two girsl as well...who really knows though. One of each would be fun. Hopefully you make it to 35 weeks...you really don't want preemies that have to stay in the hospital. A friend of mine was 6 weeks early with her first and then waaaaay over due with her second. So you never know. I think 35 weeks sounds like a good number though. Aim for that! I'm glad things went so well and I can't wait until you find out what they are. I'm surprised they didn't try to take a peek already though.

Meagan M said...

Ok...taht was totally the longest comment ever. I'm looking forward to some belly pics - although I did just see you on Sunday.

Christine Peterson said...

Mindy 10lbs...holy...that is nothing!!! I told you you were so small, that's what Mom's want though right ;) I still can't believe 2 kidlets!Crazy OK I too think 2 girls...although it would really be nice to have one of each. Only HF knows! For now that is! I can't believe you are moving....NO! What about all the help we can give you? Will that change your mind? Let us know anyway.

MEG said...

I have no idea what they are??? I am so excited for you to find out, my guess is two boys! Do you know if they are identical or fraternal?

Jillene said...

First, I think your having girls. Second, where do you get your cute templates, please tell because I need definate help.

);