Monday, September 21, 2009

Craft show and more...

What a weekend!
It was busy, crazy and most of all scary. My mom had surgery a few weeks ago, and on Friday she started having some abnormal complications and by that evening she was rushed to the hospital and had to have emergency surgery in the middle of the night. She went through absolute hell and it was really scary. We are sure lucky we got her in when we did. I am not one to worry until you have to, and I was worried. She is so strong for going through what she did and we are so grateful to the doctors and nurses who took care of her. She is still in the hospital doing ok. She can't eat or keep anything down and has had some more smaller complications since the surgery on Friday. We are hoping and praying that she can bounce back quickly from this and be the fun busy mom she is. Love you mom.

Now onto the other part of the weekend.
First of all a HUGE thanks to everyone who came out to support me! It was great to see everyone. Especially my family who helped me with everything. It was super fun and a great experience. Everything was great and I had a ton of positive feedback. I got offered to be in a ton more craft shows before Christmas and also people want me to have my stuff in their stores! I am not sure how to go about all of it, but man I never thought my business would be booming like this, this fast. I think i'm only going to take on what I can handle, after all my full-time job of being a mom is my priority. ;)



So as we were driving back into Cardston from visting mom at the hospital, after the craft show. Kyla saw the temple glowing and got super excited. So Britt drove up right infront and I wanted to get some pictures with her. She loved it and it was a very special moment with her.

9 comments:

Ashley said...

It was good to see you! Your stuff really did look awesome and I'm hoping to order something in about a month!

The Harker Family said...

Oh my goodness Minday...so sorry to hear about your mom! I hope he is feeling better. Poor her! She's in our prayers!

kelsey said...

I also hope your mom is doing better. that's pretty scary. It looks like you had a great time at the craft show, and you are getting crazy busy, eh? that's great. now you can decide how much you want to do. it's nice that the option is there for you to go crazy, or tone it down!

Lynn said...

WOw Mindy. You've had a lot to deal with. So sorry to hear about your mom. Glad to hear that she is doing somewhat better. I will pray that she continues to do very well.

Looks like your showing was a hit! Your displays look great. Maybe you'll get so big that you will be able to hire a manager part time for the administrative part of your business while you do the creating. Then it won't be so full time and busy for you. I wish you MUCH continued success!

That last photo of you and your daughter in front of the temple is priceless!

Rhiannon Bosse said...

awe how cute! Hope your mom is feeling better now too! And congrats on your showing :)

Mindi said...

Cute show! And I love the pics of the temple with you guys! So cute!

Unknown said...

your stuff is really cute mindy. hope ur moms okay. good luck with all the craft business!

The Coopers said...

Good Job, looks like your having fun!

Hey also about the comment on my blog about pottytraing.. good luck and let me know how it goes and feel free to email the author i did and she was awesome. Also another Elias really liked was once i got him to poo just once on the potty he got a BIG PRIZE and then all the other times after that he has a little gum ball machine that he gets to put a penny in and loves that so much.. he tells me all the time now when he has to go poo.. so good luck hope it works out and feel free to email me
rachellepcooper@gmail.com if you have any questions
later

The Lowry's said...

I'm so sad I missed the show. I thought I had it on my calendar, but I guess not. Man, I really wanted to go because I know there would've been tons of cute stuff. Glad that things went so well for you!

);