Friday, January 02, 2009

The crazyness is over...

And now we can get back to normal. This year has been a busy one and we've had so many things happen but in a way i'm glad it's over and ready to start a new one. I thought i'd go through this past year and what got us here today. This year started with the finding out we were having the twins so we knew that we needed to make some changes. Fitting in a 2 bedroom condo wasn't an option anymore and upsizing to a townhouse was too expensive in Okotoks so the opportunity came to move to Fort Mac so took it. It started here.
I went from this, 10 weeks pregnant with the twins and not knowing we were having twins...
to this, 31 weeks pregnant, 2 weeks before I had them...
To this, a few days before I went into labour. You can't really tell the bigness but I love this picture.


So, we moved in with Dustin's sister in March, easter long weekend. (I know most of you have heard this story but this is the short version for those who haven't.) The next week I went into preterm labour at 25 weeks, got flown to Calgary and thankfully the babies stayed put. I got to come home but had to be on bedrest. The next 9 weeks were brutal not being able to take care of Kyla as much as I wanted to or do everything i'm used to, I don't like to sit still and do nothing. Thank goodness we were staying with Jill cuz she was a huge help for me through those tough weeks. At 33 weeks pregnant and for the 10th time I went into the hospital with contractions, but these ones were it. So off we flew to Edmonton thinking I was in labour but nope they stopped and the babies held off a bit longer. At 34 weeks on the dot at 12:11am and 12:21am our beautiful girls were born at 4lbs 11oz and 4lbs 12oz. This led to our hospital stay of 3 weeks and Dustin coming back to work in fort mac with Kyla at Jill's and me living in the hospital with the girls. These 3 weeks were lonely but I got through them...with the help of the Twilight series ;) Seems like yesterday....
Anyways home we came and a few weeks later we were in our own house. Dustin was right back to work so I had me and the 3 girls at home off the bat. We adjusted very quickly and I didn't really stress cuz I knew this was my life and I had to get used to it someday so whynot right away besides I loved it. Luckily the girls were good sleepers and over all really happy babies. Well summer came and Presley got diagnosed with meningitis in August, that led to 10 days in the hospital and me staying with her. I think that 10 days was harder than the 3 weeks when they were born. Poor girl.September we made a trip down south and got the babies blessed finally. Our original plan was August but with Presley getting sick we had to push it back.Brittany met Jeff a couple weeks before we went down and a couple weeks later they were engaged. They set the date for Dec 20th so we started planning. I helped a bit from afar with what I could. We also had to plan the shower so Kristy in Portland, Steph in Cardston and me in Fort Mac were planning her shower together. So on the 13th of December we headed down to Cardston and spent a week there before the wedding. We had her shower one day, endowments the next, one day in Lethbridge doing last minute running around and 2 days were decorating. The wedding was beautiful! Brittany looked georgous of course and they are gonna have one happy life together!
The wedding was on Saturday and Sunday they had gift opening and we headed home right after. The Tuesday after coming home Dustins parents came to stay at our house. Christmas was at his sisters here in fort mac this year. So his other sister stayed at Jill's and his parents stayed here. It was a busy week but sure fun. In all this chaos Dustin and I didn't get much for eachother for Christmas, which really neither of us cared about, we just worried about the kids and whose ever name we had. I got Dustin a new snowboard and he got me a really cute diamond ring. New years was spent at Jill's and we had a ton of fun playing Mafia. The best game ever invented!! I think we need to have a monthly mafia night with a bunch of couples cuz it's so much fun. Well that was our year and Christmas. It was full of blessings and challenges but i'm looking forward to a more relaxed year (hopefully) with my family of 5! Still feels weird saying there is 5 of us... anyways here is some pictures of Christmas
This is on Christmas eve in our Christmas pj's
Kyla's tinkerbell dress she wears all day, everyday
Jayci and Presley in their pj's
on Sunday in their cute little outfits
Christmas morning

3 comments:

Lynn said...

Awesome update! What a YEAR you've had for sure! Nice to look back though and see all that you've been blessed with. What a Ca - ute family you have! : D

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

the fellers said...

what a year, I love blogs, cause while reading that i loved how I remember all of that, and remember feeling like I was living through it with you, even though I wasnt...that sounded weird. Anyway, I hope the new year is the best for you guys....

Anonymous said...

It was so awesome to hear your year end recap! Wow! What a busy year indeed! You have been blessed with such a wonderful family and you have been such a trooper getting through it all! We really miss ya here in Okotoks! All the best to you and your family in 2009!

);