"How do you do it all?"
I get asked this allllll the time. So I thought I'd touch on this for a minute.
Everyone has priorities and you can mostly decide what comes first in your life. You have full reign on your life so you have to decide what matters to you and you just do it!
Some of my things are...
1. A newer one is a more organized house. This is something I've been working on over the years and the more kids I added to our posse the harder it got but I think I've got a good handle on it now. I definitely take advantage of child labour too. So smart. It's not actually doable and I have a messy house 99.9% of the time, we live in a box with 7 people so there's that... I keep up as much as I can but I'm a busy mom and some things just can wait! Like the shower... How often do you actually clean your shower? Doesn't it clean itself when you shower? No? Just mine? Dang that sucks for you.
2. My business. As a photographer I only do sessions outdoors so I don't like working through the winter because I hate the cold. Good thing I live in the tropics eh? I know the busy times of year for my work and that's when I dedicate more time to it. It's not always easy but it's so important I have accomplishments aside from my family. Sounds crazy I know but I want to be independent and do as many things as I can. I also like to contribute financially when I can. Just kidding, that's my money. Don't touch it husband. You pay the bills, I shop. For the necessities of course...
3. Since last year I've been working on becoming healthy. Most of you know my recent health issues so I want to be as healthy as possible. Including going to the gym 4-5 times a week. I go after taking the kids to school and put Parks in their daycare and I absolutely love it! I stopped going in December and was so depressed, I missed it! I'm actually really good at eating but that's been learned over the last year and it's not easy but once you get the hang of it, it's great!
4. This one I get all the time. I like to get ready. Some days I try harder and others, meh. I put makeup on everyday and make myself presentable and this is important to me so I make time for it! I also like to look good for my husband. Selena Gomez even said so, I just wanna look good for you baby.
I know how long I need for specific times and I can do it quickly or full out. It doesn't take much but I actually enjoy doing my hair and makeup. I feel so much better too! It boosts my confidence as well. Bonus.
5. My kids activities. I've always wanted my kids to be involved in as many things as they wanted, so that they are. Kylas in gymnastics and robotics club at school. Jayci and Presley are in 3 dance classes and were in Bricks for kids at school. Laken is in dance all year and has been in gymnastics off and on as well. I want to get them back in swimming too. Jayci and Presley want to get into skating more next year so we will do that and drop a couple dance classes probably. Like, I can't do it all people. Let's be real.
I think it's so important to have balance but that also means taking care of yourself too, not just the family. So find out what's important to you or what you want to be important and prioritize your list. Mine is constantly changing and altering to our lifestyle but those are the basics right now and right now I have to go unplug a toilet and get my son off the kitchen table. Like I said. Priorities... Now does anyone want to put my kids to bed?