Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Coming to an end





Well it's almost that time, the worst time of the year for me...the end of summer. I am starting to think that I am living in the wrong place if I love summer so much! Oh well we are happy here and I guess my life wouldn't be the same without 10 months of winter! We are all done our holidays and we had a blast this summer. Dustin finished school in the the end of June and then we found out he had to get hernia surgery, so he got it on July 4th. Recovery was basically the whole summer and he did great. We went for holidays the beginning of August to Penticton and Kelowna. We camped in Penticton which was our first time with Kyla, she did pretty good considering. If she woke up in the night she just came into our bed, which she never does, and went right back to sleep. We also went to my cousin's cabin on the Okanagan which is also a ton of fun. When we got back we left the next day down to Taber for pretty much the week. Then left again the next weekend for a wedding and mission homecoming in Raymond and Lethbridge. We are now getting back into our old routine, Dustin is back at work and I am back at home. I kind of missed our regular things. It was good to be home.

Dustin and I on the dock at night at the cabin.

2 comments:

the fellers said...

Hey Mindy, I didnt know Dustin was going to school! What was he going for? It sounds like you guys had a great summer!
-Vinnie

the fellers said...

That is cool, I didnt know that is what he is doing, that is great, my dad is an electrician! Comes in handy sometimes! Anyway, if you want to re-design your blog, you can e-mail me at shonandvin@hotmail.com
and I can e-mail you the instructions, OR if you want to go through the person that initially told me about it, then just go on my blog on my sidebar and click on "suzanne" then at the top of her blog there is a little line that says something about wanting to redesing your blog, click "here" to e-mail her or something. She knows a lot more about it, and had to change mine, because my template wasnt saving properly, and now i just go in and copy and paste different backgrounds.....so if you have questions you can ask her, I can just email you the instructions...let me know...cant wait to see the new look if you choose to do that! tell Dustin hi....and Kyla is SO cute.....love it!

);